One Year And Counting
It’s amazing how fast life moves! Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I felt like we had Thanksgiving dinner last week.
Christmas will be here before you know it! My son is getting taller and bigger everyday. WHAT.IS.GOING.ON?
It’s called LIFE! Yep, another year is about over. November is a special month for me. I began my physical transformation August 28, 2016. I was down in the dumps and frustrated with my health. I weighed 239 pounds and didn’t think that I would be able to get the weight off.
Then I got an email from Bill Phillips. He was beginning a Facebook Live Workout Group! I signed up immediately. That was the spark that I needed. I’m so glad that I did. That got the ball moving for me. Thanks Coach Bill Phillips.
I would have never thought that I would be able to workout with Bill Phillips via Facebook and then eventually in person! NUTS! But it happened. And so much more. I was able to speak twice at his Transformation Center in Denver Colorado.
I would be recognized as a legacy award finalist, along with a number of other great individuals.
2017 has certainly been a year of change. It’s been a year of development for me. It’s also been a year where I’ve learned that it’s possible to keep the weight off once and for all. But it will take a lot. Below are some things that I’ve learned along the way that have helped me to be successful. I’m going to weigh myself on November 19th (one year anniversary) of losing 20 pounds to ensure that I have kept the weight off. I know that I have. I have to a large degree left the scale behind. I will get on it on rare occasions.
Tips for keeping the weight off…
- Decide that you truly want to change. It’s a choice. No one else can make it for you. Decide before it’s too late to do something about it.
- Make your “WHY” so strong that it will drive you even in the most challenging times.
- Have some kind of journal to document your journey (I have created my own and it can be found in the book section of my website).
- You need to be a part of some team/club/tribe. The group that Bill Phillips created truly became a team. I have made new friends through that group.
- This is a journey. You never finish. There is no end date. You just keep going and going.
- Plan your meals. If you don’t, someone else will and your body will not like you.
- You will make mistakes. Recognize that going in. Just remember it’s a process.
- Truly enjoy every workout. Exercise is a blessing. Don’t have a negative attitude towards it.
- Have specific goals. Then write those goals down. Then make the plans to go and get them.
- Stay off the scale most of the time. I threw both of my scales away when I started this journey last year. It was stupid for me to have two scales in the house. Don’t weigh yourself everyday or every week. Once a month will be fine. Take daily selfies (don’t worry about what others think). Use other measurements like blood work, waist size, how clothes are fitting as a way of measuring where you are.
ONE YEAR AND COUNTING. It’s easy to lose weight. It’s hard to keep it off. Let’s be the exception. Cmon with the Cmon!!! Let’s go! Right now.